Sunday, February 28, 2010

Google Docs

I recently learned how to use Google Documents, and it’s amazing. There are so many ways a business could use this website to enhance their communication and their performance. Google docs is a free website that allows you to make documents, spreadsheets, presentation slideshows, and survey forms. The best thing about this site is that it facilitates the sharing of information among large groups of people. Instead of attaching files to emails, people can be invited to view or edit documents within Google docs. This saves people time by not having to send and resend e-mails with attachments.

I found this site useful when working on group projects at school. If I have a collaboration project to write a group paper, I can use Google docs to write my share of the paper while other people write their shares on the same document. I can do this anywhere I have Internet access and I can view the changes and revisions other people make in real-time. To relate this to business let’s say a sales team is working on a sales report. Members of this sales team travel to different parts of the country. They can use Google docs to compile all their information together quickly and efficiently without having to send bits and pieces through e-mail. Instead, all their information appears quickly on the document in Google docs. For more information on how businesses can use Google docs, go to: www.google.com/apps/collaboration.

No comments:

Post a Comment